Added to your basket
Subtotal: ( items in your basket)
Shimano Road Brake Cable Set with Polymer Coated Inner
Usually despatched within 2 weeks.
Average connection time 25 secs
Sharp braking is key in tackling sharp corners and fast descents with confidence, and the quality of your brake cables can have almost as much of an influence as your choice of brakes and levers.
Keep your brakes sharp with these super-slick brake cables.
- Complete top-of-the-range brake cable set designed to suit Dura-Ace 9000 brakes.
- Fitting new brakes or completely overhauling your brake cabling couldn't be easier - everything you need in one pack.
- Includes 1.6 mm Polymer coated inner wires (1 x 2000 mm, 1 x 1000 mm), and SLR outer casing for a complete bike (1 x 1800 mm, 1 x 800 mm), and all end caps.
- Polymer coated stainless steel inner wire leaves a smooth surface for low friction and reduced sliding resistance providing a lighter quicker braking operation.
- Outer casing is lubricated internally along its length with low-friction silicone grease to reduce cable friction.
- SLR casing uses a special spiral wound construction that is axially stiff yet can be bent around handlebar curves.
- The outer casing is lined with a hard polymer sheath to keep its round shape to assist with the smooth operation of the inner wire.
Delivery & Returns
How long will it take to arrive?
Please check the stock availability notice on your item when placing your order. This item is: Usually despatched within 2 weeks..
How will I know it has been sent?
You will receive an email to confirm when your item has been sent.
You can also check the status of your order and individual items by accessing My Account details and following the prompts.
Please allow 10 working days from dispatch of your order before notifying us of any late deliveries.
It may be advisable to check with your neighbours to see if a parcel has been left with them, check any outhouses you might have where it may be left if it cannot fit through your letterbox and contact your local sorting office to see if the item has been returned to the depot as undelivered and awaiting collection.
If I'm not completely happy with my item?
Please see our returns policy.
Top Customer Reviews
Where reviews refer to foods or cosmetic products, results may vary from person to person. Customer reviews are independent and do not represent the views of The Hut Group.
Shimano BC-9000 Brake Cable Set
I have read many reviews about the disappointing results of mechanical disc brakes on Road/CX bikes. Often, this either related to poor calliper performance and/or cable issues. I noted also, that poor installation could result in a spongy brake lever feel too. Not wanting to repeat any of the pitfalls that many mechanical disc brake users have experienced, I opted to pair this rather expensive cable with Shimano CX77 mechanical disc brakes. The calliper was simple to fit (though I expect that my experience with MTB hydraulic disc brakes may have helped). Then, routing the brake cable through a pair of Shimano 105 brifters (5700 series) and cutting/dressing the cable to size, was quite uneventful; I also installed a pair of Shimano SM-CB70 in-line brake adjusters close to the callipers to allow for fine tuning. Testing the completed the set-up on the bike stand appeared to be promising, though it was only during the maiden ride which proved that the combination of the 105 brifters, the CX77 callipers, the CB70 in-line cable adjusters, and finally, the CB-9000 brake cable set, of which great care was taken to route and dress the cable outer without compromise, resulted in a feel at the brake lever to be similar to that of my XT hydraulic brakes on my MTB, and braking performance itself to be very impressive. So, to surmise, whilst this review was primarily for the BC-9000 polymer brake cable set, (which just happens to be at the best price available on Pro Bike Kit currently, and has performed flawlessly), I have also encompassed the associated componentry. I believe, based on my experience with MTB hydraulic disc brakes, this set-up has indeed proved itself worthy; I have not experienced any of the issues reported by many users on several forums such as squishy or spongy brake feel and inadequate braking performance, in fact, nothing could be farther from the truth: nothing more to say then really.